Friday, November 03, 2006

It Is Nice To Win......






I have been lucky and posted wins in the Expert 35-44 division and the Hardtail division at the first 3 races of the CCCX DH series. 6 wins is nice! The courses have been a true cycling test and I have been lucky to pass those tests! These DH wins combined with a few wins I have posted at the Fresno Cyclocross series and the Fresno Time Trial series, my win total is up to 271 since I started cycling in 1989. OF COURSE I HAVE TASTED DEFEAT! I was feeling good at the Cross race in Los Angeles 3 weeks ago, and then I had a front flat tire as I was leading the race with 3 laps to go. Then the next L.A. Cross race, the Super Prestige #3, I lost the win at the line! Then the next day I took a crash on a off camber loose corner, while I was in a 2 man break going for the overall win. Every time I win it is so sweet and when I taste defeat it can be so bitter! But to get any win you have to lose....... so I cant forget that! As of the start of November I have 24 wins this season! I just want to be able to do my best and see where I can find a win with 2 months to go in the year. My next chance is this weekend in the CCCX DH race #4. Then a few Cyclocross races, and then the final race of the CCCX DH series. I just hope I can race my best!

No comments: