Monday, January 07, 2008

CCCX CROSS FINAL 2007-08

















The race route was really sweet, and I was feeling ready to go............


But then a first lap slip up, on the bottom of a steep uphill section really set me back. I fell to the ground and found myself way behind the lead group.


I had to work and fight so hard to get back in contact with the group in front. It was constant chasing for 3 laps. I made contact and then finished where I needed to.

This gave me 2nd place in the Cyclocross series!
I ended up 5th place on the day, after going way back on my crash.


This was a great result because the entire series I had to put together some good rides after having two really bad races out of the seven.


Sometimes it is best to really have to fight hard and face adversity when achieving a solid result.


One thing for sure, I was getting better, stronger, and faster as the season progressed.


I know I can get so much better, but it will only come from extra hard work, followed by extra good rest and recovery.

1 comment:

Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

green tights? really?

congratulations on another great season, Keith. just curious, but how many years have you been racing?